It’s been a while, right? That was actually a rhetorical question. You can just check the dates of the posts and you’ll know it has.
I want to write. Honestly. It’s just, well…as you know, I write for a living now and, well…it’s hard to write for 16 hours a day (yes, I’m routinely pulling crazy days like that!) and then write some more!
I have some book ideas I’m developing, as well as some other projects on my mind, so I’m getting back into the swing of things, but goodness gracious.
So, what’s been up? Crazy storm in the East. Chilly weather in the West. In my reclusive state, I’ve actually discovered some interesting things about myself the last few weeks. Want to hear about them? No? Good. Here they are:
1. I have a strong fondness for Cheez-Its. You know. Those tasty Kellogg/Sunshine crackers. Oh, and if you put enough of them in your mouth at once and chew, it’s almost like you’re eating a big piece of cheese. I know, gross. But I love those little crackers. I actually dream that a big Sunshine truck will deliver tons of boxes to my door and I’ll be on some Cheez-It commercial. Won’t happen, but a man can dream.
2. When I’m not writing, I actually do think about writing! Yes! I’ve been so insanely crazy busy lately and I’m just dying to get back to writing for pleasure again. And that’s good. I haven’t lost my desire to write for fun. In fact, I can’t wait to get back in the writing saddle again!
3. I absolutely know I hate the cold. I mean, I already knew that, but I’m realizing that below…say…50, unless I have skis on, it’s better to be in where it’s warm. Luckily, my life choices have me in a place that is mostly over 50, so…good stuff!
4. I have a good sense of decor. Now, I know you’re thinking, “Nobody, you’re just a nobody. Leave designing to the professionals!” Well, I say you’re wrong! I actually just moved and put the place together myself, and I must say–it looks great. I have my guitar out, and my rug from Peru up on the wall. Oh, that rug. Got it in an alley in Cuzco. Memories, my friends. But my favorite thing is my electric recliner. Leather. I’m actually in it now.
5. I know that sometimes, it all just works itself out. You know what I mean, right? Of course you know! I don’t have to elaborate on that one.
It’s still a scary world out there, folks. Work, weather, craziness. But take some time when you read this to count down 5 things you’ve learned in the last few weeks. Anything can be on the list. Your love of The Big Bang Theory. Your hatred of snow. Who knows? We are who we are. We learn what we learn. We may disappear for a while, but you know what?
We’re always right where we are.